BroadFutures is a training, mentoring and internship program for neurodivergent young people. Our mission is to celebrate neurodiversity by creating access, cultivating skills and revolutionizing the workplace for all. We value equity of access for neurodivergent talent as well as inclusive and accessible workplaces and work to support both our participants and our employer partners to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
What You will do:
- Support the successful delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with our mission and goals.
- Support fundraising and development activities and create and contribute to social media as well as marketing and communication activities.
- Conduct outreach to community partners, education institutions, and potential employers.
- Assist with the recruitment, assessment and selection of program candidates.
- Participate as a BroadFutures ambassador at marketing and outreach events
- Serve as a mentor and first line support for our participants.
- Support BroadFutures participants to grow and be successful through goal setting and establishing strategies for professional success.
- Ensure that the potential of each intern and the needs of each employer partner are met, resulting in mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Assist with the delivery of curriculum units and facilitating peer to peer learning.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about equity of access and have an interest, lived experience, or experience working with neurodivergent young people.
- A Master’s candidate or recent graduate, ideally in the areas of special education, social work, counseling, psychology, or other related fields.
- Experienced or interested in workforce preparation or diversity and inclusion space.
- A strong team player and communicator.
- A problem solver focused on solutions.
- A detail oriented, organized self-starter
How you will have an Impact:
- Working collaboratively to ensure that our participants reach their potential and have promising futures commensurate with their abilities and skills.
- Supporting our efforts to educate and support employers to diversity their workplaces to make them more inclusive and accessible.
- Being a part of our expansion efforts to bring our innovative model beyond the
- Washington, DC metro area.
Where you will work and How you will be compensated:
- We work a hybrid schedule and are located in Washington, DC in the heart of downtown, in a new office building with co-working space that allows for collaboration and an amicable working environment. We are near the Farragut North, Farragut West and Foggy Bottom metro stations.
- We offer competitive salary, commensurate with relevant experience ($45,000- $55,000) depending on experience, level of education, and skill set.
- We offer an excellent benefits package that includes four weeks paid time off and 12 paid holidays, health insurance, including dental and vision, and participation in a 403(b) plan with matching.
To apply email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.